This Tara River, the waters of which are drinkable all the way, is going to give you unforgettable moments, and quite a fantastic feeling during RAFTING.
Here, in its canyon, in the surrounding territory, the nature is the only thing that is not missing. You will see houses, the ruins of water-mills, monasteries, but also shepherds and young fawns, drinking water from the river. Sources are nearby, as white as snow, the skies as blue as flax flowers, meadows, old villages in perfect condition, smaller or greater boating places, havens, rafting places, rafters, water as pure as an eye- tear, animals and plants to take your breath away.
ONE DAY RAFTING PROGRAM
One day rafting from Brstanovica to Scepan Polje is 18kms long and takes approx 2-3 hours. This section of the canyon contains 21 of the Tara Canyon’s 50 rapids.
The programs below are for guests traveling with us, using our daily transfer services from the coast. If you wish to self drive to the camp please contact us for directions and start times.
10.30h – Arrival at Scepan Polje followed by breakfast in a restaurant on the river banks
- 11.00- 11.30- Kitting up for rafting (life vests, helmets, wetsuits and boots)
- 11.30- Transfer to Brstanovica
- 12.00-15.00h – Raft the most attractive section of the Tara Canyon (Borovi, Varda, Ćelije, Vjernovića buk). Pause for photos and swimming
- 15.00h – Arrival at Scepan Polje, lunch in restaurant on the river banks.
During the return journey to the coast we will stop at the Piva dam and also visit the Piva monastery.
TWO DAY PROGRAM
(ONE DAY OF RAFTING / ONE OVERNIGHT IN CAMP)
Arrival at camp in the afternoon. The camp is located close to the border crossing at Scepan Polje. In the evening enjoy camp dinner and log fire, with music. Overnight in camp bungalows.
- Breakfast until 10:30 – Traditional home cooked food. Kitting up for rafting (life vests, helmets, wetsuits and boots) Transfer by jeeps or minibus to Brstanovica, start point for the rafting tour. Prepare teams for rafting, and familiarization with your skipper. Each raft has capacity for 10 people including the skipper. Depart on the rafting tour at midday, to raft the most attractive sections of the Tara Canyon, 18kms section. The rafting tours lasts 3 hours with stops for swimming and photos at Kulini, Manitim waterfalls and Šipčanickom springs.
- Arrive at the camp by 15:00, change.
Lunch – Traditional home cooked food, soup, salad, veal under ash, grilled fish, BBQ.
- Transfer back to coast, stopping on the way to visit the Piva Dam and the Piva Monastery.
THREE DAY PROGRAM
(TWO DAYS RAFTING / TWO OVERNIGHTS)
Our two day rafting trip starts at Durdevica Tara Bridge and finishes at Scepan Polje covering a total distance of 70 km and passing through the deepest part of the Tara Canyon.
Arrival at camp in the afternoon, free time to explore the camp and settle into bungalow accommodation. Evening meal, music, camp fire, overnight.
- 08.00h - Breakfast
- 08.30h – Transfer to start of rafting at Sljivansko. The drive takes us through the Piva mountains, through Pisce village (1390m), Trsa (1450m), Todorov Do which lies beneath the highest peaks of Durmitor (2300m), Virak village, the Stožina pass, Sedlo (1908m), the viewpoint to Modro Lake, Valovito Lake and the ski center at Žabljak (1420m).
- 11.30h Arrival at rafting start point at Sljivankso, 3km from the Durdevića Tara Bridge.
- 11.30h Kitting up for rafting (life vests, helmets, wetsuits and boots)
- 12.00h – Rafting to Radovan Luka which takes around 3-4 hours depending on the water levels. Stops for photos and swimming. During this section of the rafting tour we pass the Ljuticu (highest spring in Europe), the Durdevića Tara bridge (height 165m), the Archangel Mihaila monastery (XIV century), Adžijin buk, Žugića luka, Mušovića vrela and Lazin kamen (where the Tara river is only 4 meters wide but 16 meters deep).
- 16.00h – Arrival at Radovan Luka, overnight in motel, time to explore, have dinner and relax around the campfire.
- 9.00 h - Breakfast
- 10.00h – Start rafting the deepest part of the canyon, which takes between 4 and 6 hours depending on water levels, with pauses for photos and swimming. Stop near Tepca where the canyon is at its deepest, Gornje and Donje Nozdruć, the river canyon Sušice (which runs down from the top of Durmitor), towards camp Brštanovica and then continue for the final 18kms as per the programs above.
- 15.00h Arrival at Scepan Polje, finish rafting and enjoy lunch in the restaurant on the banks of the river.
Transfer back to coast, stopping on the way to visit the Piva Dam and the Piva Monastery.