Escape to a magical place where a brilliant blue sea, cascading waterfalls, sunlit beaches, stunning vistas and centuries-old architecture mesh with modern-day cities and quaint fishing villages.
Rose and Dobrec (sea kayaking)
- 10:00 Start Herceg Novi. Orientation and ability assessment
- 11:00 Set off from Herceg Novi for the village of Rose. Rose is a small Mediterranean fishing village with houses lined up on the front of the quay well protected from the winds. It is surrounded by abundant vegetation of cypress trees, pine, olive and oak trees, as well as oleanders, laurel and maquis.
- 12:30 Arrive Rose. Have a relaxed lunch dockside at one of the many quaint restaurants specializing in locally caught seafood.
- 14:00 Depart Rose for Dobrec. Explore the dramatic submarine pens along the coast towards Dobrec.
- 15:30 Afternoon drinks and coffee on Dobrec beach. Dobrec is one of only 2 EU blue flag beaches in the Boka and is accessible only by sea. Fantastic snorkeling (equipment supplies) and crystal clear waters.
- 16:30 Depart Dobrec for Herceg Novi.
- 18:00 Arrive Herceg Novi
Mamula and Miriste (sea kayaking)
- 10:00 Assemble Herceg Novi (Bring packed lunch).
- 10:30 Depart.
- 12:30 Arrive Island of Mamula. Tha island has a fort on it, built by Austro-Hungarian general Lazar Mamula in mid 19th century. During the World War II, the fort was used as a prison by Italians. Now disused you will swim and explore the island and enjoy a leisurely lunch.
- 15:00 Depart Mamula for Mirista. Situated between Zanjic Cove and the Cape of Arya with the Islet of Mala Gospa facing it with the renovated medieval Church of Our Lady. On the cape itself there is a fortress which was built by the Romans in order to control the entrance to the Boka.
- 15:30 Coffee and drinks at Mirista.
- 16:30 Depart Mirista for Herceg Novi.
- 18:30 Arrive back at Herceg Novi.
Rose sunset paddle (sea kayaking)
What is better way to experience the Mediterranean sunset than from the bay. Before the sun dips into the horizon you will paddle across the bay from Herceg Novi to quaint village of Rose offering vistas of the opening of the bay into the Adriatic and the mountain ranges of the Montenegrin coast.
We will have a short stop in Rose. Here you can experience an explore a typical Montenegrin village, then enjoy a drink overlooking the bay and kayak back watching the sun slip away over the mountain ridge.
This trip is relaxed and unstressful and suitable for kayakers of all abilities. A great introduction to kayaking on the Boka bay.
Rijeka Crnojevica to Skadar Lake
The small fishing village has a glorious history as the Balkans largest trade center. Many nature lovers, fans of good photography and unusual landscapes visit Rijeka Crnojevica.
After paddling down river you will enter Skadar Lake, the last habitat of the pelicans in Europe, the biggest bird reservation in Europe, one of the last freshwater marshes in the Mediterranean and the largest freshwater lake in Europe.
This kayak journey has been tailored for both beginners and accomplished paddlers. Our main ambition is to allow you to discover this amazing country, slowly, in touch with its history, people and culture. At the end of the tour we will stop at a restaurant overlooking Skadar Lake and all are welcome to enjoy dinner or a drink. This day tour will include transfers.